FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile    You have no new messagesYou have no new messages    Log out [ Messian Dread ]Log out [ Messian Dread ] 

When Will The Christafari FAQ Be Updated With Propper Info?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lion of Zion Forum Index -> Rasta and Ganja Reasoning
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Christafari is not interested in updating their info because what is written now suits them better
yes
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
no
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
I don't know
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

Author Message
coolpoete
Forum Veteran


Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 319
Location: From St. Maarten, living in Alabama

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2004 06:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeroots wrote:
JonaGus wrote:
aaronjudah wrote:
Mark Mohr wrote:
one of the regrettable fruits of my labor, (due to uneducated imitation by other artists) is the Christian church becoming more rasta. This was never my intention. It was not my desire to have a Christian congregation in Trinidad shouting out the name "JAH!" in their church services.


This is a Mark Mohr quote that I feel validates my position as far as cultural symbolism is concerned.


This passage does show that you and Mohr agree to some extent, but I disagree with both of you. Since "Jah" is a biblical name for God and therefore common to Jews, Christians, Rastas, and any other groups who incorporate the Hebrew Scriptures into their religious beliefs, I don't think there's anything wrong with Christians shouting "Jah." Christians have no less claim on the name Jah for God than Rastas have on Lion of Judah images.

Use of the term "Jah" would only make a Christian church "more Rasta" if the term was not biblical but exclusive to Rastas. Since it is biblical and not exclusive to Rastas, its use doesn't make anything "more Rasta."


Well said JonaGus- I agree. As a matter of fact I think it would be great if we used not only JAH but other names of the Most High God such as Yahweh, Yah, Jehovah and Yeshua, Yahoshua, Yeshu and Jesu. I think instead of refraining from using the name JAH, we should encourage its usage along with other biblical names rather than just saying "God" as if that was His name. This topic has been discussed elsewhere in this forum, but it is good to come up again. I don't think Christians should not use the name Jehovah because of the JW's group. Lets work to preserve and utilize the biblical names of our Almighty God within our churches and in society as well.


I second that too.. it was one of the things that I did not agree with Christafari's standpoint on not using the name Jah anymore. I still respect the band and still love their music and we as fans have to for goodness sake!!! step back a minute and allow Mark to be Mark and not be so critical of his decisions.

[Rant mode on:] I like aaronjuda's approach to the matter of speaking directly to him. There is a good reason why Mark does not respond to each and every single post and query. People will drive you mad trying to please them! Hptothetical newsbreak: "Mark decides to go being vegetarian to eating meat" Oh my goodness!! does that mean that because he is/was influenced by Rasta he made that decison? Are all rasta's vegetarian? Should Christians be vegetarian too? WHO CARES??!!! Does that help you get into the kindom of heaven?[/Rant mode off]
_________________
Enter the mind of the CoolPoet
http://www.geocities.com/coolpoete
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JonaGus
Forum Veteran


Joined: 08 Jul 2004
Posts: 486
Location: Alexandria

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2004 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeroots wrote:
As a matter of fact I think it would be great if we used not only JAH but other names of the Most High God such as Yahweh, Yah, Jehovah and Yeshua, Yahoshua, Yeshu and Jesu. I think instead of refraining from using the name JAH, we should encourage its usage along with other biblical names rather than just saying "God" as if that was His name. This topic has been discussed elsewhere in this forum, but it is good to come up again. I don't think Christians should not use the name Jehovah because of the JW's group. Lets work to preserve and utilize the biblical names of our Almighty God within our churches and in society as well.


I agree. Just because someone else uses a name does not mean we shouldn't. Some American Christians, for example, are refusing to call God "Allah," but I think the refusal is wrong. "Allah" is the Arabic word for "God," the word that appears in Arabic Bibles for "God," and the word Arabic Christians use. So we should preserve and utilize such names. They are ours as much as anyone else's.

But I also agree that using a proper name is better than merely saying "God," which is not really a name at all. YHWH is the covenant Name, and so has special value to us over "God."

On the other hand, reticence to speak the name YHWH is understandable. And that reticence is the origin of many circumlocutions, like Adonai (Lord) and HaShem (the Name)...
_________________
Do you remember when they crucified the Christ? There was someone on the left and someone on the right. They were both thieves! It's the same for ideologies. —Berhane Selassie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JonaGus
Forum Veteran


Joined: 08 Jul 2004
Posts: 486
Location: Alexandria

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2004 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolpoete wrote:
I like aaronjuda's approach to the matter of speaking directly to him.


I do too. I think that's the only way any improvments may be made, and I hope they are. But I also think it's good to emphasize that with so many different Christians and Rastas using the forum, there will always be some of us who aren't fully represented. We all need to recognize and accept that, and not blame Mohr for not achieving the impossible. The purpose of his website is to represent and answer questions about him and his beliefs & ministry, not us and ours (whether we are Christians or Rastas).

I also think that Coolpoet (I think it was CP, anyway; maybe mike) is right about the purpose of the forum: it's supposed to be an ongoing discussion of the topics covered only briefly in the FAQ. It's LOZ's way of saying "this FAQ can't answer everything, so why not discuss it among yourselves on the forum?"

And so we are.
_________________
Do you remember when they crucified the Christ? There was someone on the left and someone on the right. They were both thieves! It's the same for ideologies. —Berhane Selassie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ras B
Moderator


Joined: 15 Aug 2003
Posts: 314
Location: Trinidad and Tabago

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2004 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are all rasta's vegetarian?


they should be
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Irie-in-Christ
Forum Veteran


Joined: 20 Aug 2003
Posts: 100
Location: Abcoude (near Amsterdam)

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2004 08:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also think that Coolpoet (I think it was CP, anyway; maybe mike) is right about the purpose of the forum: it's supposed to be an ongoing discussion of the topics covered only briefly in the FAQ. It's LOZ's way of saying "this FAQ can't answer everything, so why not discuss it among yourselves on the forum?"

And so we are.


Jonagus, my point exactly. I think you are referring to my comment:

Quote:
But my mainpoint is this: this is the FAQ section. This means many people asked about rastafari and christianity. So because many people asked, this answer has been given. It is a short answer on a difficult matter. But I think it is a short but true and good answer. The idea of LOZ is not to give a thorough study about rastafarianism. That's not the idea here. But because many people ask, they gave an answer. And there is nothing wrong with this answer, I think.


I think what Jonagus said can end this discussion.
_________________
Bless!
Jochem

http://www.byss.org/

'Ain't no high like the Most High!'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Messian Dread
Forum Veteran


Joined: 27 Jul 2002
Posts: 1083
Location: Fryslân

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2004 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofcourse the discussion will be "ended" with no result other then the usual political correct crap.

I've spent the last 7 years waiting for Christafari to come clear on various things, I've witnessed all the postponing techniques and now I've really had it.

All the bla-bla-bla, it's enough now. Christafari is not interested in spreading correct information about the very group it used to say it wants to reach. People who come here, "educated" by LionOfZion portray a stance that will confirm everything Rasta has against geezus xianity. Only the wannabees will not be negatively affected by it.

Christafari also doesn't care about this. Christafari does not seem to understand what it means to portray the geezus of babylon to the Rastas and say that that geezus is the Saviour.

In a way, Christafari is serving the agenda of those that want to keep Yesus Kristos out of everything.

So what I did is save many pages from this forum before they will be moderated away. I will write an in-depth article and place it on the Dubroom.

Because I got tired of witnessing the christafari techniques, seeing the bad fruits, seeing how my Lord and Saviour is being portrayed as the geezus of babylon. And that all to satisfy the sponsors and the socalled christian world, for christafari depends on "sponsors" who dictate the political correct stance of the day.

And yes, the using of RASTA SYMBOLOGY is disrespectfull when you view RASTA as satanic. It's only for the looks and only the wannabees don't care.

But you all go right ahead, feel good, feel as correct as you want to feel, no one but yourself and a few wannabees will agree with you.
_________________
One Love,
Messian Dread.
Webmaster, http://www.dubroom.com/
Personal Site: http://messiandread.dubroom.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Irie-in-Christ
Forum Veteran


Joined: 20 Aug 2003
Posts: 100
Location: Abcoude (near Amsterdam)

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2004 13:00    Post subject: True picture? Reply with quote

Well Jezte, I can really see you've had enough from what you are writing. And as you know I know some about the Geezus of Babylon, while you gave me the book Dread Jesus that deals with this. But is your judgement correct, that Mark Mohr and Christafari are presenting this false Jesus to the people?

I don't agree with you that using rasta symbology is disrespectfull when you see rasta as satanic. (By the way, where is it said that everything about rasta is satanic?) If you reason like this, a man cannot use any symbols anymore if there's a group of people that also uses this symbols.

Now that you're back on this topic: I still don't see where all of this lacking and false information about rasta is at. Can you tell/show me?
_________________
Bless!
Jochem

http://www.byss.org/

'Ain't no high like the Most High!'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aaronjudah
Forum Veteran


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 101
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2004 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

There used to be a .pdf of the tract that M. Mohr produced concerning RasTafari. I saw it somewhere on the net once.

Does anyone know where this can be found? To study this would probably bring more clarity to the topic. It would also allow us a greater understanding of M. Mohr's reasoning about Rastafari in relation to Xianty. I say this with the assumption that he was the one created the tract.

Does anyone know where I could find this tract on or off line. I am surprised that they do not offer here on the site. Maybe I am missing it.
_________________
http://www.aaronjudah.com/
RasTafari Meditation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lion of Zion Forum Index -> Rasta and Ganja Reasoning All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 6 of 15
Stop watching this topic
 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.8 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group