FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile    You have no new messagesYou have no new messages    Log out [ Messian Dread ]Log out [ Messian Dread ] 

White Jesus/Western Christianity
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lion of Zion Forum Index -> Rasta and Ganja Reasoning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
coolpoete
Forum Veteran


Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 319
Location: From St. Maarten, living in Alabama

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2003 17:57    Post subject: White Jesus/Western Christianity Reply with quote

Messian Dread,

I would like to engage in some conversation here about your views on Western Christianity. Here are some quotes from some another post to begin:

Quote:

You seem to hold western believers in contempt Dread and view them as the only people defaming the name of the Lord. It also takes place in the Eastern world as well believe it or not.


Not the true believers in the Saviour. In both west east north and south there is the Body of Christ and this is the true believers of all race color and creed. But western "christianity", as history reveals, is a part of babylon system and the "god" they "present", even if they call him "geezus christ", is not our Saviour. "Christianity", not "western believers".


Quote:

So for many these pictures of "White Geezus" represent many things to many people in this world. Not all of it is bad, not all of it is good either.


The white jesus is a bad picture, it is a tool of downpression and a false god. Paulus warns the people that when a different Christ is presented to them they will take it with joy in their heart. I haven't seen anything good coming from it. I have nothing against pentecostal movement in itself, being born and raised in this movement that is by the way as black in origin as the Ethipoian Orthodox Church.


We all know that the images of Christ can serve to be a cultural stumbling block for many believers of many cultures all throughout the world. I don't quite understand what you mean from these quotes about the image of White Jesus and Western Christianity. Are you saying that all Westerners think that Jesus Christ is a white man, and that if they are not white something is wrong with them? Wouldn't there be something culturally wrong as well with the paintings of Jesus Christ as a brown skinned dreadlocked man? I would appreciate if you would elaborate here.
_________________
Enter the mind of the CoolPoet
http://www.geocities.com/coolpoete
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ras B
Moderator


Joined: 15 Aug 2003
Posts: 314
Location: Trinidad and Tabago

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2003 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i hope you dont mind if i respnd here a well poet,

not all westerners see Jesus as white these days but that image of Jesus is what western christianity is built on that is what founders though. and it is very possible that jesus was a brown skinned man with dreadlocks so there is not really any problem there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coolpoete
Forum Veteran


Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 319
Location: From St. Maarten, living in Alabama

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2003 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes of course, Ras B. Please anyone who can give insight to this topic please do. Before I continue forgive me for asking and I do know my geography, but what areas/countries constitute this Western view, and are we speaking of a specific time period?
_________________
Enter the mind of the CoolPoet
http://www.geocities.com/coolpoete
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jah Servant
Forum Veteran


Joined: 01 Jun 2003
Posts: 402
Location: Canada

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2003 01:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live and grew up in Canada and I don't have a picture of a white Jesus in my head, truth is I'm not that interested in how dark His skin was/is or what style His hair was/is. The problem isn't so much that people have pushed the image of a white skinned Jesus on others, but that they didn't or don't live in a way to show Jesus in their lives. People who are Christians in name only, followers of Christ because of tradition, no relationship there no evidence of it in their lives. And this has affected particular people in such a way that they have turned away from the truth. This of course is the devils way, to infiltrate the church and ruin it's witness from the inside.

It would help if everyone could just realize that not all these people who claim the name Christian are actually Christians, and only judgement day will tell who is a real child of God. In the same way, many call themselves Rastas but live in a way that is against what most Rastas would believe is right, this goes for Moslem's and Buddhists and every other religion, it's a people problem, people slip into tradition very easily. So why has it affected Christanity so strongly but not these other religions? Because Christ is the only way, He's the truth and there is a huge spiritual battle going on to keep people from the truth. People are born into sin with a sinful nature and many don't come to terms with it even when they know the truth, it's easier to continue on than to change. It's easy to get caught up in this life and lose the eternal perspective that we need to have to live in a way that'll represent Christ.
_________________
Psalm 27:4
One thing I have desired of the LORD,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD,
And to inquire in His temple.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ras B
Moderator


Joined: 15 Aug 2003
Posts: 314
Location: Trinidad and Tabago

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2003 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

poet,

i would have to say most of europe which is western from the Holyland and north western from I-thiopia and north american continent which is also west of there would be inculded as well
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Messian Dread
Forum Veteran


Joined: 27 Jul 2002
Posts: 1083
Location: Fryslân

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2003 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolpoete wrote:
Messian Dread,

I would like to engage in some conversation here about your views on Western Christianity. Here are some quotes from some another post to begin:

Quote:

You seem to hold western believers in contempt Dread and view them as the only people defaming the name of the Lord. It also takes place in the Eastern world as well believe it or not.


Not the true believers in the Saviour. In both west east north and south there is the Body of Christ and this is the true believers of all race color and creed. But western "christianity", as history reveals, is a part of babylon system and the "god" they "present", even if they call him "geezus christ", is not our Saviour. "Christianity", not "western believers".


Quote:

So for many these pictures of "White Geezus" represent many things to many people in this world. Not all of it is bad, not all of it is good either.


The white jesus is a bad picture, it is a tool of downpression and a false god. Paulus warns the people that when a different Christ is presented to them they will take it with joy in their heart. I haven't seen anything good coming from it. I have nothing against pentecostal movement in itself, being born and raised in this movement that is by the way as black in origin as the Ethipoian Orthodox Church.


We all know that the images of Christ can serve to be a cultural stumbling block for many believers of many cultures all throughout the world. I don't quite understand what you mean from these quotes about the image of White Jesus and Western Christianity. Are you saying that all Westerners think that Jesus Christ is a white man, and that if they are not white something is wrong with them? Wouldn't there be something culturally wrong as well with the paintings of Jesus Christ as a brown skinned dreadlocked man? I would appreciate if you would elaborate here.



I have a picture of this Black Jesus in my house. It was sent to me.

Ofcourse this is not primarily a colour thing in the sense of skin complexion. "Black" and "White" have to be seen within the context of Rastafari, Babylon and thing.

Now let's try to make some brighter vibes in this

History.

Black people from Africa taken to the "new world" to work as slaves and to build the foundation of the richess of western civilization. Correct?

These were slaves, they were to be kept under control. Correct?

Documentation reveals, that one of these methods was indoctrinating the idea that black people were created by "the god of the white man" to serve the white man. Correct?

Now this is the context in which the meaning of the words "black" and "white" are to be intepretated. This is why people do not want to follow the white geezus but they say JAH is black. Cause white stands for babylon and black for the enemies of babylon.

The "god of the white man", is the god who was served and is served by those who work for babylon system. This "god" is conviniently named with the same Name as our divine Saviour, but he is not He.

I hope that this explained at least so much to give you some more inspiration for some more remarks and questions.
_________________
One Love,
Messian Dread.
Webmaster, http://www.dubroom.com/
Personal Site: http://messiandread.dubroom.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
coolpoete
Forum Veteran


Joined: 14 Jul 2002
Posts: 319
Location: From St. Maarten, living in Alabama

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2003 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the reason.. but maybe I am getting hung up on this:

Quote:
The "god of the white man", is the god who was served and is served by those who work for babylon system. This "god" is conviniently named with the same Name as our divine Saviour, but he is not He.


It sounds like you are referring to 2 different gods, or polytheism.. whereas most Christian-based religions are Monotheistic... I think.

Let me position this in another way:

1- Is it possible for us to be sinners and call ourselves Christians or followers of Christ?

now look at this question:

2- Is it possible for us to comit a racist crime and call ourselves Christian or followers of Christ?

My point is that many of us place degrees on sin making one morally different than the other. If you steal a dollar, 10,000 dollars, wether you rape someone or have an affair but no one knows.. it's all sin, and we are all sinners. If the slave master rapes and kills a black woman, and the husband retaliates and kills the slave master they are both in the wrong no matter what the circumstance was. The human law system may say differently, but God measures a man's heartical intentions and judges accordingly. We may feel as though he was just for killing him, but there are consequences if not in this lifetime, the next.

As Jah Servant said, people have misrepresented Christ. It is important for Blacks having the experiences of Slavery not to be motivated to do things based on negative experiences. As hard and as difficult as the reality is I should not be motivated to just go to a black church because I don't like white people. The reality is though that people do it anyway. Their hearts have become hardened by bad experiences. I think that some people who choose to follow Rasta do it too. I listen to Sizzla and all I hear is "judgment".

(And I understand that not all rastas believe as Sizzla does, but the point is that they are all still united under the name Rasta, Just as judgemental and sinful Christians are still under the same name Christians.)

I am all for education and highlighting black/african history and the reality of the fact that many white people out here hold extreme views about non-whites that are similar.. too similar to the Klan. These people go to Church with but don't associate with the Blacks in their churches. They approach blacks and say ignorant comments and what not. It is not hard for me to understand that their fore-fathers believed that Jesus was white. That was their reality, and an ugly and frightening one at that. It does not mean that they didn't follow Christ or worshipped another God, it means that they harbored hatred for others (and sometimes acted on it) which is sin.

(To speak to the Abijah post briefly:) This is why I can relate to Rasta in that Bob Marley spoke out about injustices of race, and love for all humanity of all races. We can debate on wether he worshipped Selassie or not but to me it's irrelevant. That love he showed is a principle of God. Jesus is God's son, but Jesus isn't the only example of God's love.
_________________
Enter the mind of the CoolPoet
http://www.geocities.com/coolpoete
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Messian Dread
Forum Veteran


Joined: 27 Jul 2002
Posts: 1083
Location: Fryslân

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2003 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolpoete wrote:
I understand the reason.. but maybe I am getting hung up on this:

Quote:
The "god of the white man", is the god who was served and is served by those who work for babylon system. This "god" is conviniently named with the same Name as our divine Saviour, but he is not He.


It sounds like you are referring to 2 different gods, or polytheism.. whereas most Christian-based religions are Monotheistic... I think.


Well, I am saying that there is a false god that is being referred to with the same name as the Name of our Lord and Saviour, the Divine Messiah Yesus.

The white geezus is ofcourse not (a) god. It is a false demon. Paulus talks about "different christs" who are received very well by a christian mainstream. This is who I mean.

The "god of the white man" is the spiritual entity that is the leading factor behind the wickedness. You can draw your conclusion as to who this being is.

The "white manb" is the man who works for babylon. Does not neccesarily implies his skin colour. I know also white people with black skins. Some calk them "bounty" (after the chocolate bar) but that's a different story. Or perhaps not.

Quote:
Let me position this in another way:

1- Is it possible for us to be sinners and call ourselves Christians or followers of Christ?


I know what you are trying to imply with this. But the fact is not if there was a little bit more or less sin enough to "still" be considered a Christian or howevery you want to put it. The fact is, that the Name of our blessed Saviour is deliberatly used to downpress millions of people. This is not what the Bible calls carnal things playing their games to tempt us into sin, but what Jesus calls the wolfes, the different Christ.


I'll ask you a question.

Is it possible for us to deliberatly misuse the Name of Yesus to keep the world in slavery and to establish the kingdom of satan on earth and RIGHTFULLY call ourselves disciples of Yesus?
_________________
One Love,
Messian Dread.
Webmaster, http://www.dubroom.com/
Personal Site: http://messiandread.dubroom.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lion of Zion Forum Index -> Rasta and Ganja Reasoning All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24
Stop watching this topic
 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.8 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group